About Me

My photo
After years of following an acoustic singer/songwriter guitar path, I've decided to go electric. Bringing loops, ebow and multi-stage delays into a largely improvisational mix that ranges from blissfully ambient to full-on psychedelic journeys in sound.

Breaking Light's latest tune is "Tin Man's Tears Flow"

Sunday, December 20, 2009

@1919

Last night at the Hemphill was cool. Thanks to Ken for inviting me out to play. Zeitmorder reminded these ears of the Andromeda Strain soundtrack, with a hint of Larry Fast. Interestingly, when I tried to look up "Hentai" at work yesterday, it blocked me due to obscene content. Searching at home, now I know why. The Orchestra put out a wild, chaotic noise, with the most diverse collection of electronics and homemade instruments I've ever seen. That is a complement.

Here's a 17 min. excerpt of my set, I had to chop out 6 min. of the loud stuff because the gain was set to high on the 'corder. So what remains are the sleepy parts.


Breaking Light at 1919 Hemphill

photo by Kat Shimamoto

4 comments:

  1. Good set, sir! You have more control in your left small toe working the pedal knobs than I would utilizing both hands...

    Take care and hopefully we get to play with you again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored! If I could only get some of my own crew to show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you take your shoes off.

    The one and only time I played live with my GT-10 it was a shock how weird it was to play with shoes on... I thought that maybe I need to practice with shoes. I much prefer your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely. Gotta be in stocking feet, I use toes to twiddle knobs and mix between the two loop pedals while playing.

    ReplyDelete