About Me

My photo
After years of following an acoustic singer/songwriter guitar path, I've decided to go electric. Bringing loops, ebow and multi-stage delays into a largely improvisational mix that ranges from blissfully ambient to full-on psychedelic journeys in sound.

Breaking Light's latest tune is "Tin Man's Tears Flow"

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Arts Goggle 2011

Played yesterday at this bi-annual gathering of artists and musicians on the south side of Funkytown. Lots of fun. I played in a cavernous, garage-like space, part of Landers Machine Shop, an art gallery/music venue/office space. There were some tech problems once I set up, due to the fire inspector requiring the stage to be placed far from the power source. Big thanks to Ken and Terry of Hentai Imrovising Orchestra for helping me move my rig to some reliable power.

As I was setting up and moving (for the third time), El Lobo and his drum people were jamming. I recognized them from the monthly drum circle at Feed Your Head. So an improptu jam ensued, for the first 15 minutes of my set they adjusted their rhythms to my shifting delay setting, bless 'em. It was fun.

After my set I stayed for Hentai's, in which they accompanied the Big Rig Dance Collective in a very effective display of improv and interpretive dance. Good job guys.

Thanks to Will Shannonhouse for taking some great pix. Great to see my good buds Glenn and Didi there.

Here's the the audio:

Breaking Light @ Arts Goggle 5/14/11
Breaking Light @ Arts Goggle 5/14/11

No comments:

Post a Comment