About Me

My photo
After years of following an acoustic singer/songwriter guitar path, I've decided to go electric. Bringing loops, ebow and multi-stage delays into a largely improvisational mix that ranges from blissfully ambient to full-on psychedelic journeys in sound.

Breaking Light's latest tune is "Tin Man's Tears Flow"

Friday, November 19, 2010

improvFriday submissions

I shall try to start posting these here every week, as time allows. ImprovFriday is a great new music site where participants upload, share and discuss improvisational recordings every week, from Thursday evening to Saturday night (the site is on Pacific time). Their link is over there on the right.

For this week, my focus was on son Eric's Line 6 POD XT which he let me borrow. The POD really opens a wide range of sound colors for the electric guitar (here I'm using the trusty Squier Tele).

PT's Groove utilizes Peter Thoegersen's 10/8 drum groove which he submitted to improvFriday last week.
I edited down to 2 minutes from the original 4:09 length, because jamming to the whole thing would have taxed the listener a bit much, being improv....I wish I had written down the patch I used, a nice distortion tone that worked well.

Pod Mind- used the Octave Bend setting on the Pod for this one, the pedal used to modulate the pitch bends. Using some slide and ebow, got some pretty wild sounds. Some live looping, reverse and half/double speed looping on my delay modeler (line 6 DL4).

PT's Groove


Pod Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment